- The Governor
- Vice Regal News
- Selected Speeches
- Government House
- Honours and Messages
- Annual Reports
- Events and Tours
Government House Tasmania Standard Protocol
(For attendance by Her Excellency the Governor)
Announcements for Arrival and Departure
Note that announcements for the arrival and departure of Her Excellency will vary depending upon the venue and the surrounding circumstances and will be clarified in the brief which is prepared for each event.
- Ladies and gentlemen, please stand for the arrival of Her Excellency, Professor the Honourable Kate Warner, Governor of Tasmania.
- Ladies and gentlemen, please stand. Her Excellency the Governor is now departing.
Forms of Address
- The Governor should be addressed as “Your Excellency” when speaking to her. If engaged in a conversation, “Ma'am” is acceptable after the initial greeting.
- The Governor should be referred to, and introduced to others as “Her Excellency the Governor”.
Written Title (for printed matter, programmes, plaques, etc)
- Her Excellency Professor the Honourable Kate Warner, AC, Governor of Tasmania.
For Vice-Regal visits it is correct protocol that Her Excellency is:
- Met as she alights from the Vice-Regal vehicle,
- Escorted/accompanied throughout the event, and
- Escorted to the vehicle when she departs.