- The Governor
- Vice Regal News and Photos
- Selected Speeches
- Government House
- Honours and Messages
- Annual Reports
Government House Tasmania Standard Protocol
(For attendance by His Excellency the Governor)
Announcements for Arrival and DepartureNote that announcements for the arrival and departure of His Excellency will vary depending upon the the venue and the surrounding circumstances and will be clarified in the brief which is prepared for each event.
- Ladies and gentlemen, please stand for the arrival of His Excellency, the Honourable Peter Underwood, Governor of Tasmania.
- Ladies and gentlemen, please stand. His Excellency the Governor is now departing.
Forms of Address
- The Governor should be addressed as “Your Excellency” when speaking to him. If engaged in a conversation, “Sir” is acceptable after the initial greeting.
- The Governor should be referred to, and introduced to others as “His Excellency the Governor”.
Written Title (for printed matter, programmes, plaques, etc)
- His Excellency The Honourable Peter Underwood AC, Governor of Tasmania.
For Vice-Regal visits it is correct protocol that His Excellency is:
- Met as he alights from the Vice-Regal vehicle,
- Escorted/accompanied throughout the event, and
- Escorted to the vehicle when he departs.