- The Governor
- Vice Regal News
- Selected Speeches
- Government House
- Honours and Messages
- Annual Reports
- Events and Tours
Government House Tasmania Standard Protocol
(For attendance by Her Excellency the Governor and Mr Warner)
Announcements for Arrival and Departure
Note that announcements for the arrival and departure of Her Excellency and Mr Warner will vary depending upon the venue and the surrounding circumstances and will be clarified in the brief which is prepared for each event.
- Ladies and gentlemen, please stand for the arrival of Her Excellency, Professor the Honourable Kate Warner, Governor of Tasmania and Mr Warner.
- Ladies and gentlemen, please stand. Her Excellency the Governor and Mr Warner are now departing.
Forms of Address
- The Governor should be addressed as “Your Excellency” when speaking to her. If engaged in a conversation, “Ma'am” is acceptable after the initial greeting.
- The Governor should be referred to, and introduced to others as “Her Excellency the Governor”.
- The Governor’s husband should be addressed as “Mr Warner” when speaking to him.
- Mr Warner should be referred to, and introduced to others as “Mr Warner”.
Written Title (for printed matter, programmes, plaques, etc)
- Her Excellency Professor the Honourable Kate Warner, AC, Governor of Tasmania.
- Mr Warner
For Vice-Regal visits it is correct protocol that Her Excellency and Mr Warner are:
- Met as they alight from the Vice-Regal vehicle,
- Escorted/accompanied throughout the event, and
- Escorted to the vehicle when they depart.